Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Monster Mash French Toast


Making French toast with cereal might sound totally unfamiliar and maybe even teeters on "gross." I get it. I had my reservations at first but I'm glad they went away.


I know Halloween is over but my husband and I are still finishing up the last of the General Mills Halloween Monster cereals. We recently made Frute Brute French Toast and it came out so awesome. We loved it so much that we made it again with Boo Berry and again with Count Chocula. Click here for my full recipe and instructions.


The coloring is absolutely lovely. I love the contrast of color when cutting into the toast. I also love how well the leftovers kept in the frig. Since it's just the two of us, a batch (12 slices) may last for one or two meals. Just depends how hungry we are and how much time we have to sit and enjoy breakfast together. I reheated summore the following day and it was just as good (it was probably even better but I don't know if it truly was or it was just my love for leftovers). Seriously. Leftovers always taste awesome. There is a marriage of flavor that always happens in the frig overnight. This is probably the number one argument I always have with people. Oh well.

If you missed out on the seasonal Halloween cereals, try this recipe with your favorite year-round cereal instead. What cereal is your favorite? Which would you use?

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is I'm glad I don't live at your house cause I wouldn't be able to get out the door.hah.ah.a.ha.aa..You make way too many cool things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jeannie :) I'm sure I'm about to gain some weight from Holiday recipes :)

      Delete