Friday, November 15, 2013

Sweet Potato Soup with Colby Jack Cheese Crisp


It's no secret that I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes. With a name so cutesy, believe me, I want to love them. In the past ten years I've gone from hating them to "I can eat a mouthful if I have to and not make a dumb face like a teenager." These progressive strides are thanks to my husband, who adores sweet potatoes. Since I adore him, I lovingly make sweet potato casserole every holiday as well as other sweet potato side dishes in between the holidays. Having said all of that, I have found a sweet potato recipe that I don't hate and actually enjoy. Yes. I made this, swallowed a spoonful after the necessary food-photo-sesh, and actually smiled. Then I finished my entire bowl of soup. If you know me in real life, you probably think that Heather has been replaced with a podpeople Heather, and that just isn't true. But if it were, that's exactly what Pod Heather would say so... who knows, right? I made this soup the other day and my husband and I both loved it. I had cracked a molar that day, so soup was right up my alley. It was easy to make and ready in no time. What do I mean by easy? Well this recipe is from scratch but you don't have to peel, cut, or boil the potatoes. I'm so in love and just had to share it with you. Click here for my full recipe and instructions.




Follow me on bloglovin
Follow me on instagram
Follow me on pinterest
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on flickr
Follow me on google+

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a super good recipe! It looks pretty that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeannie! I'm always happy when you take the time to stop by and comment :)

      Delete