Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sewn Heart Cards

heart cards by Heather Says
heart cards, a photo by Heather Says on Flickr.

I pulled out my sewing machine and tried something I've been wanting to for quite some time. Sewing paper. I was actually terrified that it wouldn't work or look the way it does in pictures. My worries probably sound comical. I'm just not a very good seamstress-- nor do I really know what I'm doing with a sewing machine. But I thought they came out pretty cute. I used recycled brown card stock and a variety of scrapbook paper I already had. Decorative punches like the heart I used are so handy and I need to invest in summore. The card on the left is just a row of singular hearts. The card on the right has multiple hearts stacked, sewn, and then folded up a bit at the seam to create a 3D effect. The bottom hearts are dictionary pages and I used about 5 or so hearts since the paper is so fragile. All other hearts are stacked two high. I can't wait to make a ton of these for Valentine's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment