Sunday, April 14, 2013

China Cabinet Makeover Progress

Painting Cabinet by Heather Says
Painting Cabinet, a photo by Heather Says on Flickr.

She's getting there. I had to give her such a good scrub with TSP and sandpaper. See what she looked like before.

I'm painting both pieces fully, in case someday I decide to use them independently. I originally wanted to do something bright and colorful like turqoise, avocado or orange. I did so much googling and pinning.

I finally decided that bright beautiful china cabinets look best when they're filled with plain white dishes. It seems like that's the key to making the dishes and the cabinet both pop. Since my dishes are really colorful, I opted for a light color.

This is an off-white shade called "Summer Morning" by Valspar. It differs from the interior wall paint (a sandy tan color) and trim (glossy white) which is also what I was going for.

The shelves were originally glass so I'm replacing them with stronger, wood ones. This cabinet needs to hold a lot of everyday dishes and we'll be going in and out of it frequently, so the glass shelves are outta here. Actually I'm hanging onto them for future crafting inspiration. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment