Saturday, November 30, 2013

Stuffing and Applesauce Latkes


I've got some awesome Chanukkah cupcakes, sufganiyot (jelly donuts), and challah in the works but first things first. I did some super yummy stuffing and applesauce latkes as part of tonight's Chanukkah dinner. I'm not even a huge fan of cranberry sauce but absolutely loved it on this latke. It was a perfect blend of sweet, savory and tang when you get a bite of each component. It reminds me of those yummy turkey sandwiches that have stuffing and cranberry sauce on them-- but better! The cranberry sauce garnish (seen cooking below) is leftover from Thanksgiving (obviously) and made with real cranberries, granny smith apples, and one of my most favorite things ever, cherry craisins.





You will need:
  • Leftover stuffing (already prepared)
  • Cinnamon Applesauce
  • Olive oil for frying
  • Cranberry Sauce (garnish)
  • Sour Cream (garnish)
  • Parsley (garnish)




  1. Heat olive oil in large skillet or frying pan on medium high heat. It's ready when oil is shimmering.
  2. Combine your leftover stuffing and just enough applesauce to get a goopy but not runny mixture. Use your hands to really break down the stuffing and mash everything together well. Form into patties using your hands.
  3. Place latkes in oil and fry each side for a few minutes-- until golden brown and crispy. Don't cook too many at a time as this can crowd the pan and keep your oil from staying hot enough.
  4. Remove latkes when finished and drain briefly on paper towels. Garnish with a dollop of cranberry sauce, sour cream, and a sprinkle of parsley.





Follow me on bloglovin
Follow me on instagram
Follow me on pinterest
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on flickr
Follow me on google+

No comments:

Post a Comment