Monday, December 23, 2013

Chocolate Covered Cherry Oatmeal Cookies


Cookies cookies cookies! This recipe combines two of my favorite things: Cherry Cordial Hershey Kisses and Oatmeal Cookies.




This recipe is the same as my recipe for Pumpkin Kissed Oatmeal Cookies, just use cherry kisses instead. Believe it or not, I would have never tried this combination if it was not for Bonnie Purcell. Bonnie is a very nice woman who I met via Words with Friends. She messaged me one day to let me know she had made a whole slew of oatmeal cookies for a party she was catering. She couldn't find the pumpkin kisses in her area, so she used other seasonal flavors including: peppermint, white chocolate, cherry cordial, and caramel.


She also mentioned that peppermint was everyone's favorite-- even people who didn't like peppermint. I really wanted to try to whip up a peppermint batch, but I've been having a hard time finding peppermint kisses this close to Christmas in my tiny farm town. I think I simply waited too long. Oh well. Thanks again Bonnie :)


When making this recipe, I noticed that I used 8 oz of Cherry Cordial Kisses while the Pumpkin Spice Kisses came in a 10 oz bag. I checked a few stores and noticed all the Cherry flavors came in 8 oz bags. Not sure where the discrepancy lies (maybe in the different fillings) but the 8 oz of Cherry Cordial Kisses worked perfectly. Click here for the full recipe and instructions. Merry Christmas Eve Eve!


Follow me on bloglovin
Follow me on instagram
Follow me on pinterest
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on flickr
Follow me on google+

No comments:

Post a Comment