Sunday, January 26, 2014

Red Velvet Pizzelle Valentine Cookies




Over the years, I've become kind-of obsessed with trying to make pizzelles different colors and flavors. Playing with color is fun but oftentimes you need to omit the yolks-- like if you're making blue pizzelles. Blue food coloring + yellow egg yolks always = green pizzelles. Since it's almost Valentine's day, I picked up some red velvet cake mixes for holiday baking and experimenting. Turning a red velvet cake mix into a batch of pizzelle cookies wasn't what I had in mind. It was definitely an afterthought and even then, I was worried it wouldn't turn out how I had hoped. Amazingly, it worked.





I also had fun shaping some pizzelles into little bowls. You can check out my full recipe and tutorial here.


Follow me on bloglovin
Follow me on instagram
Follow me on pinterest
Follow me on facebook
Follow me on flickr
Follow me on google+

1 comment: